How You Can Help
On the night of January 26, Heresy Horses suffered a devastating loss when the barn on Julie's small farm was engulfed in flames. No horses perished in the fire and for that we are grateful. We are also grateful for the outpouring of prayers and support from the equine community. Thank you for coming to this page to see how you can help. Below is the link to our PayPal donation account and a list of much needed supplies.
The Basics Are Always Needed, and now more than ever! If you live in the area and can deliver supplies, we are very grateful. All equipment, tack, supplies, feed and hay were lost in the fire. Halters, lead ropes, blankets in 70" - 74" sizes and square bales of hay are especially critical needs.
- New or gently used lead ropes and halters in all sizes
- Weight building supplements and wormers
- Bedding materials for stalls
- New or very gently used blankets in various sizes and weights; all straps and buckles intact and in good repair; clean and ready for a new owner
- Parasite control products, such as fly spray. Be sure to check package labels to ensure products are not out-of-date, as these could be ineffective against pests
- Industrial-type brooms, scoop shovels and stall forks
- Grooming supplies
- Cash to purchase hay and feed, to pay for veterinary services, and to cover the daily operating expenses. Click here to connect to PayPal and make a cash donation in any amount.
- Gift certificates redeemable at feed, farm supply, and home improvement stores, gas stations and elsewhere. Tractor Supply is a good choice and readily available nation-wide and online
- Volunteers, especially those with equine, construction, marketing, advertising, and fundraising expertise. In-kind donations of labor or parts that keep the truck and trailer rolling and in good repair are greatly appreciated.
- The services of generous veterinarians, vet techs, farriers and other equine professionals are gratefully accepted as needed.
Heresy Horses is in the process of obtaining 501c3 non-profit status